Sunday 10 July 2011

Franco Manca - Brixton Village, SW9

Does it get better than this? Pancake thin sour dough base topped with fresh Mozzarella and earthy Chorizo. The bread gently charred from the fierce heat of a wood fired oven.

You can tell a lot of love has been put into this Franco Manca pizza. It's a very simple set up is; six different pizza's, two reds, two whites and if you want a beer? Well there is one on the menu.

The location isn't exactly glamorous but that just adds to the charm. Simple food cooked well, great service and great value. Like I said, does it get better than this?

Franco Manca on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I think I likey! Very much- we've been here a few times and the queue has always been worth it. Definitely doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging by the silence there isn't a better Pizza than this in London...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pizzas in the Gowlett pub, Peckham. I think it's the incongruous pub setting that does it for me so much. Sure,Franco Manca are great, but the eternal queues can be trying...

    http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/venue/2:2318/gowlett

    I also really rated the pizzas in the Ritzy (pre-refurb).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the first time I've managed to get in to them to be honest. I've lived in London for a year and each time I've been before the queue has just been too immense for me.

    Will check out the Gowlett as well :D

    ReplyDelete